I attached the straps in a bit on the back because I have narrow shoulders and straps tend to slide off them.
This next shirt is my own creation. The decorative bit at the top was inspired by my friend's shirt. To make this, I took a shirt that does fit me, folded it in half, laid it on a big piece of paper, and traced the body to create my own pattern. I took another shirt and traced the shape of the sleeves. I attempted to make a scoop neck that attaches with buttons and button loops in the middle of the scoop, but it didn't work out. There was too much fabric in the decorative portion. So, I sewed the middle into a V and cut off the buttons and loops. That seemed to do the trick. This was a trial run anyway. The fabric is a very old yellow sheet. I serged all the edge seams in black, which contrasts very nicely with the pale yellow. Now I think I know where to do some modifications to make the next one work how I intend it to. I'm learning so much! This was my first time ever doing sleeves and I didn't even have a pattern. Yea! It was a lot easier than I anticipated. And for a bonus, my trial run shirt is a keeper. I really like it.