Sunday, September 20, 2009

Nursing Covers

I had 3 new nephews about to be born, so their mommas needed nursing covers, right? I LOVE LOVE LOVE this fabric. I made 2 covers and they turned out great. This nursing cover tutorial makes a cover slightly wider than the store bought hooter hider. I really liked the added width. I also liked that I could customize this and make it longer for my sister-in-law, who is very tall. I got my hardware and boning at Joanns. The boning is found in the bra parts area. I used 1/4" Dritz Featherlite Boning with 1/2" poly/cotton cover and I used 1" metal D rings. Slightly bigger would work too. I cut a baby wash cloth in half diagonally, added a neutral cotton back, and attached to the back of the nursing cover, to add a little spit up wipe for those times you don't have a burp cloth handy.


Cover #1
Cover #2

No comments:

Post a Comment