Friday, September 25, 2009

Sock Monkey

Happy 2nd Birthday to Ben! One sock monkey made from a pair of men's socks I picked up at Target. This sock monkey pattern worked out great. It seems like there are more tutorials now with pictures. I didn't find those when I made this over a year ago. My inspiration came from looking at the wonderful creations made by Siansburys's Super Sock Monkey Shop on Etsy. I thought the sock elephant pattern was adorable, but I doubt I'll ever make it. This sock monkey was really the trial run for the way cute one I have in the works with bright colors, star patches, and a super hero cape. The problem was I got tired of hand sewing before I finished the one I intended to be Ben's gift. Oh well, maybe when he turns 4. He's 3 and a half now...hmmm...that doesn't leave me much time.





No comments:

Post a Comment