Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sweet Little Halter Dress

My first time sewing with knit fabric was sooooooo much easier than I expected. I made this sweet little dress for a sweet little girl's 1st birthday. I can't wait to see a picture of her in it. This was also my first time doing lettuce edging on my serger and it was great. It seemed to work best with a slight-medium amount of resistance to stretch the fabric. Too much and too little were both bad. I also made the bias tape with the knit fabric and it worked out great. I needed the general measurements and sizing because I don't have any little models at my house, so I took a little of this and that from various patterns to come up with this dress. This Toddler Halter Top Tutorial was the main inspiration.



No comments:

Post a Comment